Saturday, October 14, 2017

Top 5 Solo Picks - October 14, 2017

As a solo traveller, you may be eyeing the latest Caribbean cruise deals and thinking that this might be a good time to find a good solo fare. You'd be right, but there are a few pitfalls to avoid. Learn more in my recent blog post, Are post-hurricane cruises really a great deal? Happy reading!

For those of you who like short Pacific Coastal sailings, there are actually two (2) 3-night sailings via Vancouver this winter (we don't normally see ships between November and April). The Star Princess will be going into drydock in BC, so you can sail on her:
  • northbound on November 29th - you'll be the last person to sail in your cabin pre-refit, but don't tell me about your souvenirs!
  • southbound on December 16th - followed by some California sun, or perhaps a Mexico or Hawaii cruise?
  • better yet, sail on both, and compare the differences!
  • I've included both sailings in my Top 5 list below


Here are my Top 5 Solo Cruise Picks today!

Why these sailings? There my be solo cabins, reduced/waived single supplements, a great deal overall, or simply good value on an itinerary solos can't usually afford. Fares below INCLUDE TAXES, and are subject to availability.

October 29, 2017 - 7 night Bahamas cruise sailing roundtrip from New York on the Norwegian Breakaway
Balcony - $1137 CAD solo
Oceanview - $895 CAD solo
Inside - $695 CAD solo

November 4, 2017 - 7 night Caribbean cruise sailing roundtrip San Juan on the Celebrity Summit
Oceanview - $970 CAD solo
Inside - $879 CAD solo

November 29, 2017 - 3 night Pacific Coastal cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver on the Star Princess
Balcony - $495 CAD solo
Obstructed oceanview - $423 CAD solo

December 16, 2017 - 3 night Pacific Coastal cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles on the Star Princess
Balcony - $664 CAD solo

January 6, 2018 - 5 night Caribbean cruise sailing roundtrip from Miami on the Empress of the Seas
Oceanview - $988 CAD solo
Inside - $854 CAD solo

If you see something you like, please contact me and I can send you more details.

Cheers,
Roberta

About this newsletter: With so many solo travellers looking for affordable ways to travel, without the dreaded single supplement, I am always watching for specials. Periodically, when I have time, I summarize a few into an email to send to those who may be interested.

Want this news as soon as it comes out? Just email me with the word "SUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Actually, any email works fine. A human will read it (this one), not a bot.

Want more?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cruisetravelbug
"Like" my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cruisewithroberta
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertawestwood/
Request a quote: https://www.cruiseshipcenters.com/en-CA/RobertaWestwood/contact

No comments:

Post a Comment